Friday, June 19, 2009

Green Thumbs

   

We started a garden. Caleb has been infatuated with growing things and Grandma has encouraged his interest quite a bit, especially after seeing her plentiful garden during our last visit.  For Mother's Day he wanted to get me a "garden" so they got me a little herb garden set. He started his own first garden with squash seeds and we have had several blooms, but no squash yet. Then, we planted his green bean seeds in my herb garden canisters and they love seeing how quickly the plants grow, literally, each day!  They are usually very over-watered, but what can ya do! I learned from my children that if you put more water on the seeds they grow faster! You should try it some time.

4 comments:

Brett and Ciara said...

Love the garden! cute plants...... o h and kids. :) lol

Brett and Ciara said...

we love you guys!

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

I've been trying to post some comments. I don't know if it will let me this time. I love your blog. I didn't know you are a blogger too. That's great! Your kids are SO cute and they surely are growing up so fast. It sounds that Caleb got a new hobby. Are you living in Dallas? what part? I'm in Arligton. Hope to see you someday soon:)

Izzy said...

What a GREAT summer-time activity! I'll have to show Maile and Isaac.

Yeah I can leave a comment now! ha ha

Have fun! Love, Izzy